- SaxiKatt Cattery believes that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits our website, https://saxikatt.com and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described in this notice, and in a manner that is consistent with your rights and our obligations and under the law.
- Please read this Privacy Notice carefully and ensure that you understand it. Your acceptance of our Privacy Notice is deemed to occur upon your first use of the SaxiKatt website. If you do not accept and agree with this Privacy Notice, you must stop accessing this site.
- In this Notice the following terms shall have the following
- cookie means a small text file placed on your computer or device by our website when you visit certain parts of it and/or when you use certain features of our site. Details of the Cookies used are set out, below;
- cookie Law means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;
- personal data means any and all data that relates to a living, identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this specific case, it means personal data that you give to us via our website, in a telephone conversation, via email, in person or any other form of communication. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 / EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and
- we/us/our means SaxiKatt Cattery.
- In this Notice the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- Our site is owned and operated by SaxiKatt Cattery.
- The Breeder is James Bates, and he can be contacted by email at SaxiKatt@gmail.com, by telephone on 0161 736 9151
- This Privacy Notice applies only to your use of our site. our site does contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy notice of any such websites before providing any data to them.
- As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this notice and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact us)
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you (we only hold your personal data for a limited time but if you would like us to delete it sooner, please contact us);
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation;
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your
personal data, please contct us and we will do our best to solve the problem
for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint
with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
Data Do we Collect?
- Depending upon your use of our site, we may collect some or
all of the following personal and non-personal data (please also see section 13
- gender – if you provide it;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our site, and the site you exit to.
- If you purchase a kitten from us we will keep your name, other biographical information and other contact details. This will enable us to contact you should the need arise for instance your cat has been found and the microchip details have triggered us as you are not available, we need to contact you in regards to a welfare item
- Signed contracts
- How we
use Your Data?
- All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 / GDPR at all times. For more details on security see below.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful
basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with
you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data or because it
is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the
- Supplying our services to you (please note that we require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Market research;
- Analysing your use of our site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our site and your user experience;
- Where you have requested and given your permission we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and / or telephone and / or text message with information, news and offers on our services you have previously requested. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 / GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is
necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Data will
therefore be retained for the following periods (or its retention will be
determined on the following bases):
- At your request
- For as long as any kitten or cat we supply is alive – their welfare is paramount
and Where Do we Store Your Data?
- We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
- Your data will only be stored in the UK.
- Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site or in Person.
- Steps we take to secure and protect your data include our firewall and virus protection software is kept up to date.
- When our relationship comes to an end, we destroy by shredding all documentation and deleting all your electronic data
- Do we
Share Your Data?
- Other than in the case of the paragraph below, we will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes, unless we need to provide services to your pet in the event of a hazard to their wellbeing.
- In certain circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain data held by us, which may include your personal data, for example, where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we are complying with legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority;
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of our site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you.
Happens If our Business Changes Hands?
- We are hobby breeders and not a licensed business however we may, from time to time, expand or reduce our breeding and this may involve the transfer of control of all or part of our cattery. Any personal data that you have provided will, where it is relevant to any part of our cattery that is being transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Privacy Notice, be permitted to use that data only for the same purposes for which it was originally collected by us. In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will be given the choice to have your data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller.
Can You Control Your Data?
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
Right to Withhold Information
- You may access all areas of our site without providing any data at all.
Can You Access Your Data?
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by us (where such data is held). Under the Data Protection Act 1998. We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact us for more details at SaxiKatt@gmail.com.
- Our use
- All Cookies used by and on our site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
to our Privacy Notice
- We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time (for example, if the law changes). Any changes will be immediately posted on our site and you will be deemed to have accepted the terms of the Privacy Notice on your first use of our site following the alterations. We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.